Who Can Apply:
1. Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate: landscape, horticulture or related discipline at a two or four-year institution. Students in vocational agriculture programs will also be considered.
Undergraduate: Applicant must have at least a sophomore standing in a four-year curriculum or senior standing in a two-year curriculum as of the fall semester of scholarship application year.
Graduate: All applicants in graduate school regardless of year in school may apply.
2. Student must attend an institution located in the state of Ohio. Students attending schools outside of Ohio are ineligible. Ohio state residency is not required.
3. Preference will be given to applicants who plan to work within the green industry (including nursery operation, landscape architecture/design/construction/maintenance, interiorscape, horticultural distribution, or retail garden center) following graduation.
4. Applicant must be currently enrolled in good standing and carry a full-time course load at the time of application and during the semesters for which the scholarship is granted.
5. Applicant must have a minimum grade point average overall of 2.25 based on a scale of 4.0, and a minimum GPA of 2.7 on a scale of 4.0 in their major.
6. Previous Bryan A. Champion Memorial Scholarship award winners are ineligible for additional funding and may reapply.
Submission: There are 6 components to the scholarship application: the application document, cover letter, resume, 2 letters of recommendation, and the transcript.
All applications must be completed using the HRI online scholarship application. No other form of application will be accepted. The general application, cover letter, resume and copies of transcripts must be uploaded by the student using the online form.
Each student must have 2 letters of recommendation submitted to HRI by the May 31st deadline. Letters of recommendation may come from a student’s advisor, instructor, business associate or a combination.
Letters should include information on the student’s potential to make significant contributions to the nursery and landscape industry, academic qualifications, and financial need if known.
Deadline: May 31, 2015
Learn More: The Bryan A. Champion Memorial Scholarship