Who Can Apply: The Diane Dawson Memorial Scholarship was established in 2003 in memory of Gail Diane Dawson. The scholarship will provide financial assistance for young men and women who have a parent or legal guardian with terminal cancer or other terminal illness, or who have lost a parent to a terminal disease during their tenure in high school. The Diane Dawson Memorial Scholarship will assist those in the greater Denver and Sacramento areas. Through efforts of family and friends, Diane’s love of life, community and dedication to education lives on.
- Be a graduating senior at a high school in the greater Sacramento or Denver area
- Have a parent or legal guardian with terminal cancer or other terminal illness, or have lost a parent to a terminal disease during their tenure in high school
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
- Letter of Recommendation: Please provide two letters of recommendation from individuals who are not related to the applicant
- Second letter of recommendation
- Essay: Please provide a one page self evaluation essay
Deadline: March 6, 2020