Who Can Apply:
- In order to apply for The Domnick Cunningham & Whalen Water Safety Scholarship, students must meet the following eligibility requirements. Students must be presently pursuing studies at an accredited community college, junior college, undergraduate or graduate school situated within the United States. The award is also open to those who hold GEDs and high school graduates whose college programs are set to commence before the scholarship deadline.
- All applicants must provide proof of good standing from their current educational institution. For the purposes of our scholarship award, this will consist of no less than a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- An updated resume, valid contact information and a statement that indicates current student status and educational program level
- An original essay of approximately 750-1,000 words outlining a water safety need in your community and how safe water practices will help the situation. Provide possible solutions to the hazard and explain how this plan will help save lives in the water
- Most recent academic transcript (unofficial versions acceptable); freshman-level applicants are permitted to send unofficial documents from the most recent institution attended together with any relevant material from current institution
Deadline: October 31, 2021