Who Can Apply: Applicants to The Douglas T. and Helen L. Gray Scholarship Fund must:
- Be a graduating senior from King George County High School
- Be a highly motivated or high achieving senior
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate either:
- plans to attend an institution of higher learning, which may be a 2-year or a 4-year college, or
- plans to pursue any skilled trade, vocational or technical education certification or degree, or a similar business program
- Two letters of recommendation: one from a teacher and one from a supervisor/mentor/employer who has knowledge of your work ethic.
- An essay of no more than 900 words that answers the following:
Self-motivation can often enable one to overcome challenges in life and work. Describe a time that you feel you were highly motivated, and please include the challenge presented, what it was that motivated you, and what the outcome was. In addition, write about how this motivation has benefited you in other aspects of your life.
Deadline: March 1, 2020