The Frank and Carol Pinkerton Orchestral Scholarship (Deadline: April 25, 2019)
Who Can Apply:
- Applicants who attend an Alaskan university and intend on becoming orchestral instructors in Alaska
- Applicants who attend a university outside of Alaska but intend to come to Alaska to be orchestral instructors
- Applicants who are enrolled in an accredited music education program outside Alaska and intend to be orchestral instructors
- Applicant must demonstrate motivation and musical potential.
- Applicant must be pursuing a degree in music education with an emphasis in string instruments.
- Applicant must be a currently enrolled college student.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicant must be an entering junior or senior and be enrolled full-time in a music education program by the beginning of the semester in which the award will be used.
- Successful applicants are eligible to reapply; preference will be given to previous awardees.
Deadline: April 25, 2019