The G. Michael Shoffner, M.D. Scholarship (Deadline: March 15, 2016)
Who Can Apply:
- This scholarship is for non-traditional medical school students working toward an M.D. or D.O. degree in a medical school in the state of Georgia.
- Applicants must be enrolled at an accredited medical school located in the state of Georgia. (Currently Georgia Health Sciences University in Augusta or Athens, Emory University, Morehouse School of Medicine, Mercer University in Macon or Savannah or the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine’s Georgia Campus in Kennesaw, GA.)
- Applicants must be at least 25 years of age
- Applicants must have lived and/or worked in Central Georgia for a minimum period of 3 years at some point before applying to Medical School. The Central Georgia area is defined as the following counties: Bibb, Baldwin, Butts, Coffee, Crawford, Houston, Jones, Lamar, Laurens, Monroe, Peach, Spalding, Taylor, Twiggs, Upson, and Wilkinson.
- Applicants may be interviewed as part of the application process.
- Each scholarship recipient is required to submit a transcript for the period for which the scholarship is awarded.
- A copy of your resume
- A copy of your transcript from your undergraduate institution
Deadline: March 15, 2016
Learn More: The G. Michael Shoffner, M.D. Scholarship