Who Can Apply:
- Be a student of color who identifies as Black, Indigenous, Hispanic, Latino/Latina, and/or Pacific Islander
- Current junior or senior in pursuit of an undergraduate degree (as of Fall 2021)
- Demonstrated involvement in the advancement of health equity by impacting an obstacle created by a social determinant of health. The social determinants of health are the non-medical factors that influence health outcomes. They include education, housing, income, access to healthy food, physical environment, healthcare access, racism, and other forms of discrimination, among other community and social factors.
- There are a large variety of ways to make an impact, such as organizing a local garden to help families who would otherwise not have easy access to nutritious food and having a passion for expanding this work.
- This definition is intentionally broad to encourage applicants to creatively demonstrate the connection between their work and health equity in the essay portion of the application.
Deadline: April 20, 2021