Who Can Apply:
- Scholarships are available to graduating high school seniors entering as freshman to a school of higher learning, continuing undergraduate students, and graduate students.
- Entering freshman should complete the FRESHMAN application. All other applicants should complete the GENERAL application form.
- JACL Chicago reserves the right not to make awards in every category depending upon the type and qualifications of the applicant pool.
- Applications will be available at jaclchicago.org by the end of November 2015 or from the JACL Chicago Office.
- The following is a condensed list of supporting documents required to complete a JACL Chicago Scholarship Application: JACL Application, JACL involvement, Personal Statement, Two Letters of Recommendation, Official school transcript(s), SAT and/or ACT test score verification (applicable to graduating high school seniors), Extracurricular activities, Work experience and Community involvement.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation must be submitted with the application. One letter must be from a teacher, counselor or school administrator. The other could be from the same or employer or community leader. Recommendations must be in sealed envelopes with the seal signed over by the writer.
- Applications and all supporting materials – official transcript, SAT and/or ACT documentation, and letters of recommendation – must be complete in one package to be considered for an award. Materials may not be submitted separately.
- Your name should appear at the top right of each page and all pages should be numbered
- Do NOT staple the application or materials – use a paper-clip or binder clip
- All responses must be typed or printed legibly – email addresses should be readable
- If the SAT/ACT scores are not contained in the official transcript, other official documentation of test scores must be submitted with the application. (Freshman applicants only.)
Deadline: March 1, 2016