Who Can Apply: Applicants to The John C. Neal Scholarship must:
- Be a graduating senior from any Fredericksburg City or Spotsylvania, Stafford, Caroline or King George County Schools.
- Demonstrate significant service to their community.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Demonstrate plans to attend an institution of higher learning, which may be a 2-year or 4-year college or vocational school.
Submission: The John C. Neal Scholarship also requires an essay of up to 900 words that include the following:
- Why is volunteering service important to a community?
- Describe how you have contributed to the life of your community through extracurricular activities, church activities or other volunteer activities.
- Reflect on the personal significance of these activities and your plans for the future.
Deadline: March 1, 2020