Who Can Apply: During her 16 years of life, Kristi Karacozoff dedicated herself to her family, her studies, and the well-being of others. The Kristi Karacozoff Memorial Scholarship Fund was developed as a legacy to carry on the values she held important in life. A devoted student, Kristi strove for academic excellence at every level in school. Never was there a time when she did not put her studies first. Even during a lengthy battle with liver disease, Kristi completed her school courses through a home hospital program. Managing to stay at grade level and achieving a 4.17 GPA with deteriorating health, she always kept her eye on the prize of a college education.
Kristi’s fondest desire was to become a pediatrician in order to help those she cared so much about: babies and children. Because of this incredible depth of character and dignity in strength, her legacy of learning and caring will continue. This scholarship fund will honor students, like Kristi, who fight battles with illness and other medical challenges while trying to reach their goals of higher education.
- Be a graduating senior at a high school in Sacramento, Placer, El Dorado or Yolo Counties or be a currently enrolled college student who graduated from a high school in these counties
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Demonstrate a chronic or life-threatening illness, with a doctor’s certification of your medical condition
- Essay: Please provide a self description essay describing your will to succeed and how you are overcoming obstacles to achieve your goals, which includes a brief but detailed description of your medical condition and how it impacts your daily life
- Please provide a doctor’s certification of your medical condition.
Deadline: March 6, 2020