The Law Offices of Sean Smallwood, P.A. Scholarship (Deadline: December 31, 2015)
Who Can Apply:
1. Applicants must be currently enrolled or plan to be enrolled in a college or university for the 2015- 2016 school year in the U.S. and Canada
2. Applicants must be in good academic standing.
3. Any applicant under the age of 18 must have permission from a parent or legal guardian.
4. Applicants must submit their proposed submission to the email address below providing applicant’s name, address, and school currently attending.
5. Applicants must provide provide submissions via email in .jpeg format.
6. Photo essay contest deadline for submissions is December 31, 2015 and a winner to be chosen by January 15, 2016. The winner will receive a one-time $1,000 college scholarship.
Submission: Prospective applicants wishing to participate must submit a creatively made “photo essay” consisting of either a single photo, a collage, or short series of photos (1 to 5) that tells a story about the following issue:
One of the most heartbreaking aspects of a family law attorney’s job is witnessing firsthand the damage that can be caused to children when parents engage in needless legal battles and/or attempt to use the children as tools to either punish the other parent or by influencing children to not want to spend time with the other parent. The long term effects can be devastating to children when they are not given the opportunity to have a relationship with both parents. What do these effects on families look like? Use photos to tell your story. All applicants must strictly adhere to copyright laws and not submit other people’s work without proper authority to do so. Self-shot photos are preferred over other people’s work for that reason.
Deadline: December 31, 2015