The Martha Watson Scholarship (Deadline: February 15, 2016)
Who Can Apply:
- Be a Citizen or Legal Resident of the United States.
- Be a North Carolina resident for at least one year prior to making application, unless you are a blood relative of Mrs. Fawn Watson or if you or either of your parents has been or presently are members of the Oak Dale Baptist Church, White Pond Baptist Church or the Five Fork Baptist Church, all of the Robeson Baptist Association.
- Be accepted for full-time enrollment in a degree program at any institution of higher education. (“Full-time” is as defined by the educational institution you plan to attend.)
- Be a member of a North Carolina Baptist Church, unless you are a blood relative of Mrs. Fawn Watson.
- Exhibit high moral character, dedication to family, church and community.
- Exhibit consistent academic achievements.
- Submit two current letters of reference (cannot be from relatives.) One letter must be from your pastor. If your pastor is related to you, please submit a letter of reference from another pastoral staff person at the church.
- Submit a copy of your most recent transcript available. An unofficial copy will be accepted.
- Submit a copy of your FAFSA Electronic Student Aid Report (SAR) to establish a definite need for financial assistance. Please make sure that we can see your full name and your Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
Deadline: February 15, 2016
Learn More: The Martha Watson Scholarship