Who Can Apply:
- Be a Citizen or Legal Resident of the United States.
- Be a North Carolina resident for at least one year prior to making application, unless you are a blood relative of Mrs. Fawn Watson or if you or either of your parents has been or presently are members of the Oak Dale Baptist Church, White Pond Baptist Church or the Five Fork Baptist Church, all of the Robeson Baptist Association.
- Be accepted for full-time enrollment in a degree program at any institution of higher education. (“Full-time” is as defined by the educational institution you plan to attend.)
- Be a member of a church affiliated with the North Carolina Baptist Foundation, Incorporated and/or the Baptist State Convention of NC.
- Exhibit high moral character, dedication to family, church and community.
- Exhibit consistent academic achievements.
- Submit two current letters of reference (cannot be from relatives.) One letter must be from your pastor. If your pastor is related to you, please submit a letter of reference from another pastoral staff person at the church. It is required for the letters to be signed. If both reference letters are not signed, your application will NOT be considered for a scholarship. Letters are to be submitted online with your application. Hard copies should NOT be mailed to our office.
- Submit a copy of your most recent transcript available. An unofficial copy will be accepted. Your transcript should be submitted online with your application.
- Submit a copy of your FAFSA Electronic Student Aid Report (SAR) to establish a definite need for financial assistance.
Deadline: February 15, 2021