Who Can Apply: Sponsored by the Rocky McElhaney Law Firm, the Max McElhaney Memorial Educational Scholarship has been established to honor the life and love of Rocky’s Uncle Max and to award $2,500 to an undergraduate student, enrolled in a 4-year program at a public or private college or university, majoring in either History or Education.
- A story of the gold standard of love in the student’s family
- A statement of financial need
- A written statement of no more than 100 words explaining why the applicant should be chosen above all other applicants. Tell us what sets you apart and why you are special. Do not tell us boring, cookie-cutter stuff like you are committed to your studies or that you are dedicated to hard work. Wow us. Don’t bore us.
- One recommendation from a faculty member or university/college advisor
- Proof of enrollment in a 4-year private college or university for the upcoming fall semester
- Student status and/or declaration of major in History or Education.
- One picture. It can be a solo shot, illustrate the student doing what he or she loves, or spending time with those they love.
Deadline: June 1, 2020