The Outstanding Youth College Fund Scholarship (Deadline: June 12, 2015)
Who Can Apply:
- Be a current or emancipated foster youth
- Be accepted or planning to attend a 2 year College, 4 year University, Vocational, Trade or Technical school in the Sacramento region in the fall
- Preference will be given to those who have successfully completed 24 college credits
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Enroll in and complete a minimum of 12 units per semester
- Plan to work a minimum of 10 hours per week while attending college
Submission: Please provide an essay of 500 words or less which provides a compelling self-portrayal and demonstrates your will to succeed based on the following questions:
- What is your career goal and why have you chosen this path?
- Is there an individual or event which has influenced you?
- How do you measure or define success?
- Why is receiving this scholarship important to continuing your education?
Deadline: June 12, 2015
Amount: $250 to $2,000
Learn More: The Outstanding Youth College Fund Scholarship