Who Can Apply:
- Students enrolled at a college or university located in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- Between the ages of 17 and 24 years old as of Tuesday, January 1, 2019.
- Non-commercial artists: applicants must not have had any musical work commercially recorded or distributed. The applicant must warrant that he or she has not assigned any rights in the submitted work to a publisher, record company, licensing organization, or any other person or entity.
- Potential first-time winners of the competition: former winners (other than Honorable Mention) of this competition are not eligible.
- The submitted entry must be an original song or instrumental work in a Latin genre. Both lyrics and music must be original and not based on any prior work.
- Applicants may submit only one song or instrumental work to the competition
- The entry must be submitted as a MP3 or MP4a file, which should be named only with the title of the song. One copy of the lyrics must also be submitted as a PDF. Neither of these items may indicate the name of the applicant or their school. Applicants should retain copies of their recordings and lyrics since the Foundation will not undertake to return materials.
- If a submitted work is written by two or more applicants (e.g., a composer and lyricist):
- All applicants must meet all eligibility requirements.
- Such a jointly written work will be considered as a single entry.
- Should a jointly written work receive any type of award under this contest, the scholarship will be divided equally between applicants.
Deadline: January 1, 2019