Who Can Apply: The late Peter W. Jasin, a member and generous supporter of AFIO from the early 1980s, who also served as an officer of one of our chapters, established upon his 2009 death a national AFIO scholarship endowment fund. It enhances AFIO’s educational mission to encourage career development and study in the fields of counterterrorism, homeland security, intelligence, counterintelligence and intelligence-related disciplines.
In furtherance of those interests, the Jasin Endowment provides awards of $4,000 each to six applicants. Selected scholarship recipients must be enrolled as a graduate or undergraduate student undertaking a course of study at an accredited U.S. institution of higher education, and must show a history of taking courses in intelligence, foreign affairs, and/or national security studies towards the goal of serving in the U.S. Intelligence Community. Applicants should indicate whether they are applying for a graduate or undergraduate award.
1. Cover Letter: explaining your need for scholarship, your career goals, your views of U.S. world standing and role U.S. intelligence community should play.
current mailing address (we will verify with post office)
place and date of birth
colleges you have attended
college you expect to attend in fall of 2015
3. A copy of your academic transcript – need not be original or “official”
4. One recommendation (have person send to us by email to [email protected]or they can mail to AFIO Scholarships, 7700 Leesburg Pike Ste 324, Falls Church, VA 22043)
5. Recent photograph – can be sent as a high resolution digital image file via email attachment, or printed and mailed. Image should show full face…sitting, standing, or portrait only. JPG, TIF, GIF, PDF, other major graphic image formats acceptable.
6. Indicate for WHICH scholarships you wish to be considered. No need to send multiple copies of your materials, however, since we will consider you for all scholarships we offer.
7. College or University you will be attending in 2015-2016 — and your intended course of study (your declared ‘major’ or ‘area of concentration’).
Deadline: July 1, 2015