Who Can Apply: The Philip M. Dowd Scholarship was established to provide financial assistance for college bound students pursuing a degree in Public Affairs/Administration or Political Science & Government who have endured hardship and/or overcome obstacles to achieve their goals. This award is based on Philip M. Dowd’s belief that a college education is one of the best tools for those who wish to get ahead in life and his commitment to giving back to the community.
- Be a graduating high school senior from a high school in Sacramento, Placer, Yolo, Shasta, Yuba, Sutter, Colusa, or Butte Counties
- Be pursuing a degree in Public Affairs/Administration or Political Science & Government
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Plan to attend an accredited two or four year college or university
- Demonstrate financial need
Submission: Essay: Please provide a self description essay on the following topic: Describe your career objectives and how you will use your education to achieve your career goals and give back to your community.
Deadline: March 6, 2020