Who Can Apply:
- Be a graduating senior from a public or private Spotsylvania County or City of Fredericksburg high school.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Demonstrate plans to attend an institution of higher learning, which may be a 2-year or a 4-year college or university or professional school
- Demonstrate active involvement in academic work, school activities and community service, based on the student’s academic performance, extracurricular and community involvement.
- A copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) Summary page as documentation of financial need.
- Two letters of recommendation from the following sources (choose two): teacher, counselor, pastor, mentor, principal.
- An essay of no more than 900 words that addresses the following:
Reverend Douglas T. Pinkard made an inspirational impact on the Spotsylvania Community. Some of his contributions included visiting hospitals, nursing homes and prisons, as well as spreading the gospel. Write an essay about the seeds you have planted in the community. In addition, tell about your future goals and plans for planting future seeds.
Deadline: March 1, 2020