The Seattle Tacoma International Airport (STIA) Scholarship (Deadline: March 20, 2015)
Who Can Apply:
- Students must graduate from Highline Public Schools, by 6/30/14, to be eligible for a scholarship
- Families must live in the Highline Public Schools service area
- Students must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student, enrolled in college level classes and continue to attend college full-time to receive awarded scholarship money
- Precedence will be giving to those recipients who have not received a substantial scholarship or scholarships from other entities
- Once the STIA scholarship is paid to the institution, students agree to continue to be enrolled full time, keep a GPA of 2.5 and submit transcripts annually to the STIA Scholarship Committee c/o Highline Schools Foundation
- Your personal contact information.
- One 500-word essay on one of the following topics: 1. What has been your most enjoyable learning experience? What did you learn? Why was it enjoyable? – OR – 2. Share an important experience that affected your life. How would you take that learning experience and apply it to your future education?
- High school records – Your transcript and SAT scores (please ask your high schools to forward these to the STIA Scholarship Committee c/o Highline Schools Foundation).
- One Letter of Recommendation from an adult who has had a significant role in interacting with you in your extracurricular, community service, or leadership activities. Please ask this adult to answer the following question in their letter “What are the personal qualities that you have seen while working with this individual which demonstrates his/her leadership?”
Deadline: March 20, 2015