Who Can Apply:
- Applicants must be current employees of the Bibb Sheriff’s Office or the Macon-Bibb County Fire Department. Immediate family members (spouses and children) of employees are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited four-year public or private institution in the state of Georgia. Students must be participating in an undergraduate degree seeking program only. The scholarship is not for those receiving a Master’s degree or PhD.
- Applicants must have and maintain a 2.0 GPA.
- Preference will be given to officers and previous scholarship recipients.
- The contact information (Title, Name, Phone Number, Email) of the supervisor of the Sheriff’s Office or Fire Department employee.
- Provide the name and email address of one reference who has agreed to submit a letter of recommendation for you. This should be your school principal, guidance counselor or teacher/professor. This person will receive an email from our system allowing them to submit your recommendation. Please ask them before submitting their email address and let them know when you have submitted your application because that is when they will receive the email.
- A resume listing your school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held, and other relevant experience.
- Your most recent high school or college transcript – you must request this from your current school.
- A current, submitted FAFSA Student Aid Report that indicates the value of your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) in the upper right hand corner. If this value is not shown, your application will be considered incomplete.
Deadline: March 15, 2021