Who Can Apply: The Simon Greenstone Panatier Bartlett Scholarship was created to provide scholarships to graduating high school seniors from any public or private high school in Dallas County that have been impacted by cancer in one of the following ways:
- Have an immediate family member* who is under a current cancer diagnosis and/or treatment for cancer;
- Have an immediate family member* who has passed away within the last two years from cancer; or
- Are themselves under a current cancer diagnosis and/or treatment for cancer.
The selection criteria includes scholastic achievement, school and community participation, demonstrated leadership potential, and a description of the hardship, financial or otherwise, imposed due to cancer. Two letters of recommendation are required. All finalists will be interviewed in person. This is a one-year scholarship with the opportunity to re-apply.
- Please upload a copy of your parent or legal guardian’s most recent federal tax return, if available.
- Please upload an essay of between 500 – 1,000 words sharing the challenges you have faced as a result of being impacted by cancer.
Deadline: April 15, 2015
Amount: Up to $50,000 total awarded