Who Can Apply:
- Self-identified as Asian/Pacific Islander and gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender; (at least 25% API ancestry); and involved in the GLBT community;
- Graduate from a high school in one of the nine Bay Area counties; Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara County, Napa, Sonoma or Solano;
- Scholarship will be awarded for full-time (minimum 12 units for all semesters/quarters) enrollment in an accredited two, four-year university or graduate school; (college, university, community college or vocational school).
- United States citizen or legal resident;
- Demonstrated financial hardship;
- Demonstrated academic promise;
- Minimum unweighted grade point average 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0) for all schools attended or attending;
- Be between the age of 17 and 25 on 30 April 2020
Submission: Include a typed statement of at LEAST 500 words, but no longer than 850 words for the three items below (approximately 2-3 pages, double-spaced). In the statement, you should:
- Describe a significant challenge in your life and the lessons learned from it;
- Describe any extracurricular activities or honors you feel best highlight your potential as a leader in our community;
- Comment upon your long and short-range educational goals.
Deadline: April 30, 2020
Learn More: https://sites.google.com/site/tangscholarship/