Who Can Apply: The Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholars Program, supported by a $1.5 million commitment from The Walt Disney Company, provides scholarships to high-achieving African American students in underserved communities across the country, and offers career readiness tools and resources necessary to help them realize their professional goals in the entertainment industry.
The Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholars will be selected based on a competitive application process administered by UNCF. A detailed description of the scholarship opportunity and program are provided below. Please note applications submitted for this program will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Students are encouraged to apply early.
* Students must be an African American sophomore at the time of application and be enrolled full time at a four-year, accredited college or university located in the U.S. (Must be a Junior for the Fall 2020 Semester.)
* Preference will be given to students attending a Historically Black College or University (HBCU)
* Students must have a demonstrated financial need as verified by their college or university
* Students must have a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
* Students must have an interest in pursuing a career in the entertainment industry (e.g. film, television, hospitality management, journalism, media production, digital media, etc.) as demonstrated by submission of an initial essay.
1. Student Application (include essay, transcript, leadership, accomplishments)
2. Reference Form (to be completed by a non family member e.g. faculty, staff, employer, mentor, or volunteer supervisor)
Deadline: April 15, 2020