Who Can Apply: The Tim Akers Memorial Scholarship supports outstanding Alaskan students in the pursuit of technology education and/or training. Tim Akers played an influential role in the development and production of the Prudhoe Bay Oilfield. Mr. Akers served as a mentor and role model for many young Alaskans with little or no experience working on the North Slope. His guidance helped to establish a solid core of exceptional Alaskan talent in the Prudhoe Bay workforce. Mr. Akers also served as President of the Chuloonawick Native Corporation.
The Tim Akers Memorial Scholarship will provide an award of $1,000. Preference will be given to students with demonstrated financial need and to Alaska Native students.
- Applicant must be an Alaskan resident
- At the time of applying, applicant may be a graduating high school senior, or already attending an institute of higher education (university, college, or vocational school).
- Applicant must pursue technology education and/or training
- Applicant must have at least a 3.0 GPA from most recent school attended
- College transcript (if applicable)
- High school transcript
- Personal Essay: Your essay should detail your commitment to the pursuit of a technology related career, and should be no more than a page (500 words) in length.
- School and Community Involvement. Briefly describe your activities, including community service.
- Accomplishments, Honors and Awards.
- Letters of Recommendation. You may upload up to 2; 1 is required.
- Explanation of Expenses. Please detail your financial need, including the cost of your education and the amount you can contribute. Please also explain any special circumstances that make assistance necessary.
Deadline: April 9, 2020