Timothy S. and Palmer W. Bigelow, Jr. Scholarship (Deadline: May 31, 2015)
Who Can Apply:
1. Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate landscape/horticulture program or related discipline at a two- or four-year institution. The student must currently be enrolled in good standing and carry a full-time complement of courses at the time of application and during the semesters that the scholarship is granted.
2. Applicant must be a resident of one of the six New England states (although attendance at an institution within these states in not mandatory): Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont.
3. Applicant must have senior standing in a two-year curriculum (having completed the first year), junior standing in a four-year curriculum (having completed the first two years), or a graduate student standing.
4. Applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 2.25 based on a scale of 4.0, or 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 for a graduate student.
5. Preference will be given to an applicant who plans to work in any aspect of the nursery industry following graduation, including the desire to own one’s own business. Preference will also be given to an applicant in financial need.
6. Previous Timothy Bigelow Scholarship award winners are not eligible for additional funding.
Submission: There are 6 components to the scholarship application: the application document, cover letter, resume, 2 letters of recommendation, and the transcript.
All applications must be completed using the HRI online scholarship application. No other form of application will be accepted. The general application, cover letter, resume and copies of transcripts must be uploaded by the student using the online form.
Each student must have 2 letters of recommendation submitted to HRI by the May 31st deadline. Letters of recommendation may come from a student’s advisor, instructor, business associate or a combination.
Letters should include information on the student’s potential to make significant contributions to the nursery and landscape industry, academic qualifications, and financial need if known.
Deadline: May 31, 2015
Amount: $1,000- $3,500