Toledo Rowing/Anderton L. “Pete” Bentley, Jr. Memorial Scholarship (Deadline: April 3, 2016)
Who Can Apply:
1. U.S. citizen;
2. Member of the Toledo Rowing Club;
3. Planning to enroll/enrolled (full or part-time) at an accredited two or four year post-secondary institution (including colleges or universities, technical colleges or trade schools);
4. Active rowing participant (rower or coxswain) for at least two rowing seasons; achieved distinction in competitive rowing on the league or regional level, or above;
5. Coach’s recommendation, as demonstrated on the Coach’s submission (see application);
6. Documented commitment of volunteer time (not less than 40 hours during high school rowing career) to the Toledo Rowing Club’s programs which encourage and promote rowing to Toledo area youth, women, adults and/or other “non-traditional” rowers. Such commitment shall be documented by the current President of the Toledo Rowing Club (see application).
7. Achievement of minimum 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale (calculated from the first semester of 9th grade through and including at least the first semester of 12th grade);
8. Achievement of a minimum single test composite on SAT of 1120 (reading and math combined score) or ACT of 24 or above.
9. Provide educational transcripts and other documents, as required and/or requested on application.
Deadline: April 3, 2016