Who Can Apply: The TAM Scholarship was created after sponsor Carolyn Burton, an American Airlines mechanic identified a need for providing tools to a female student starting out in aircraft maintenance. Carolyn will offer one TOOL Scholarship for $2500 worth of TOOLS of your choice plus round-trip airfare.
- In addition, Snap-On Industrial is generously contributing an aviation starter tool kit with a value of $2500.
- This scholarship is specifically for the purchase of tools for a currently enrolled full time female sophomore or junior student in maintenance training for airframe & power plant certificates.
- This scholarship is not applied toward education costs–it is for TOOLS ONLY.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident.
- Finalists will be interviewed and must attend the 2019 International Women in Aviation Conference in Long Beach, California at the finalists’ own expense except for airfare.
Submission: In your essay please share your goals, experience in aviation, and why you chose aircraft maintenance as your career.
Deadline: November 12, 2018