Tripping.com Travel Lovers Scholarship (Deadline: March 31, 2016)
Who Can Apply: Applicant must be either a high school senior who will be graduating by spring of 2016, a college student or a graduate student. Students enrolled in technical schools are eligible as well.
Submission: Essay must be between 1,000 and 2,000 words.
- Introduce us to your favorite vacation spot. What makes it your favorite? Here are some questions to consider while writing the introduction: Where is it located? What’s the weather like? When do most people visit it? Does it have an on-season and an off-season? Is it typically visited by people from a certain area or of a certain age etc?
- Top Things to Do (top attractions, activities, dining options etc)
- If the town you’re writing about is known for great pizza, instead of suggesting that the reader grab a slice while visiting, tell them where to find the best pizza and describe what makes it top notch.
- If the location you’re writing about is a beach town, stating that it has great beaches doesn’t help someone planning a visit. Instead, it’s far more helpful to note which beaches are best for swimming, surfing or for families etc.
- Best Neighborhoods or Areas to Explore and Stay In
- Is there an area that is known to offer the best food, nightlife, shopping, etc? Let us know!
- Is one place better to stay in than another? Visit Tripping.com to see if your favorite spot has great rentals for guests.
Deadline: March 31, 2016
Learn More: Tripping.com Travel Lovers Scholarship