Who Can Apply:
- Applicant should be a senior in an accredited high school or home school program, or be enrolled in college.
- Applicant should be a relative of a TxSGS Member of two years standing or be recommended by a Partner Society.
- Applicant should plan to major in history, government, library science, or education.
- Application Letter: must state specifically how the applicant meets all three requirements stated above.
- Resume: should contain the following information:
- Personal information (name, birth date, parents’ names, small photo, address, telephone number, and email address),
- Educational experience,
- Work experience,
- Sports and extracurricular activities at school,
- Community activities,
- School, community, or church awards received.
- Certified Transcript of all high school and/or college courses, or proof of course mastery if in a home school program.
- Recommendation Letters from three non-family adults who have personal knowledge of the applicant’s qualifications.
- A 500-word essay on “The Importance of Family History.”
Deadline: September 15, 2016
Learn More: TxSGS Scholarship