Who Can Apply:
- An applicant must be a non-transient, degree-seeking major at the University of Georgia and completed at least one semester as an undergraduate or graduate student at UGA prior to taking part in a study abroad program.
- An applicant must be in good standing at the time of submission of this application as well as during any semester s/he is to receive scholarship funds. Preference will be given to applicants with a 2.5 cumulative grade point average or higher.
- An applicant must be enrolled for at least 10 credit hours during the semester of application, and an applicant is expected to take an appropriate full-course load (3 hours for a Fall/Spring break; 6-9 hours for summer; 12-15 hours for fall and spring) during the study abroad experience.
- A ONE-PAGE ESSAY that outlines your educational, personal, and professional goals and explains, in turn, how these connect to your plans for study abroad.
- An applicant is highly encouraged to file for a Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA form – that is, a FAFSA based on taxes filed in January of the previous year. Once the FAFSA has assessed your financial need, that summary is sent to the UGA Office of Student Financial Aid, where it becomes a part of your records in ATHENA, or your Awards Overview.
- To qualify for scholarship consideration, applicants must upload an ATHENA “Award Overview” for the current academic year.
Deadline: October 12, 2018