Who Can Apply: Mr. Justin G. Bullion partnered with UNCF this year again to provide scholarships to Town of Wellesley METCO students graduating from the Wellesley High School in the spirit of the lessons of peace and equality promoted by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
This scholarship opportunity will provide a renewable award for a total of $6,000 ($2,500 for the 2020-2021 academic year and $3,500 for the 2021-2022 academic year).
To be eligible for this opportunity you must:
– Graduating Senior from Wellesley High School in the Town of Wellesley, MA and participant in METCO
– Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
– Enrolled full-time at a 4-year U.S. accredited college or university in the fall of 2020
– Current high school unofficial or official transcript
– Two (2) letters of recommendation from a teacher, community leader related to an extra-curricular activity or counselor
– A one-page essay responding to one of the following:
1) What do you consider to be the most pressing societal problems facing students today? And why?
2) Define courage. Give an example of a time in which you had to rely on your own courage to accomplish a goal.
3) “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
4) “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
5) “The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education.”
Deadline: April 24, 2020