Who Can Apply: The UNCF National Cooperative Bank Scholarship program provides need-based scholarships to African Americans students who enrolled at historically black colleges and universities and who are interested in pursuing careers in the banking industry. Candidates must meet the following criteria to be considered for this scholarship program:
1) Be Black/African American
2) Possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or better on a 4.0 scale.
3) Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) form.
4) Have a demonstrated, unmet financial need as verified by their college or university.
5) Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the U.S. with a permanent resident card or passport stamped 1-551.
6) Be enrolled full-time as a student of any classification during the 2020-21 academic year, attending a UNCF member institution or other accredited HBCU.
7) Have a declared major in accounting, business administration, business management, economics or finance.
Submission: In addition, students must submit the online application for the Program, complete with a letter of recommendation, a 250 word personal statement of career interest essay, and a current transcript by the application deadline of February 22, 2021.
Deadline: February 22, 2021