Who Can Apply: The Global Involvement Scholarship encourages the broadest possible spectrum of UNI students to engage with diverse cultures in nontraditional locations (non-English speaking country, non-Western country, includes multi-lingual countries).
This scholarship has two objectives. First is to help promote student study in programs located in the developing world or programs intended to foster community service and local engagement. Examples of such programs include those with a home-stay component, volunteer opportunities, intensive language programs and/or language study abroad, multi-cultural classroom environment, and studies in underrepresented locations.
The second objective of this scholarship is to encourage underrepresented student populations to study abroad. Examples of these groups include, but are not limited to veterans of military service, first-generation college students, ethnic minority students, students with disabilities, adult learners, international students, and first generation born American students.
- The Study Abroad application must be in a “Committed” status at the time of the scholarship application deadline.
- Only completed scholarship applications with all the required documents will be considered.
- Applicants traveling to a region of a country or a country with an overall Travel Advisory Level 3 (Reconsider Travel) or 4 (Do Not Travel) will not be eligible.
- There is no GPA requirement to apply for this scholarship beyond the study abroad minimum GPA requirement of 2.5.
- Your eligibility for the Global Involvement Scholarship relies on your self-disclosure of your demographic information.
Deadline: October 31, 2018