UNI Lawrence M. Jepson Award for Economics Students (Deadline: October 1, 2018)
Who Can Apply: The Lawrence M. Jepson International Experience Award has been established to honor Lawrence Jepson’s vision to understand the importance of global interrelationships. His endowment supports activities in the area of international economics. The awards will be given to students who are majoring in Economics and going abroad through UNI’s study abroad program. The award amount will be around $500 and will be awarded in full prior to departure. The scholarship will be revoked if recipients do not complete the final report upon return.
- Must be majoring in Economics with a GPA of 2.5.
- At least in junior standing.
- All applicants must submit a completed application form.
- Write a brief essay (no more than 400 words) on the economic history of the country you are traveling to.
- Awardees must meet with Professor Shahina Amin before departure.
- In order to receive the awards, the awardees must attend the Jepson event on campus in March.
- Upon return, awardees must write a note (no more than 350 words) on the travel experience and submit it to Professor Amin.
- Priority will be given to students who have not traveled abroad before.
Deadline: October 1, 2018