Who Can Apply: The Robert Eller Scholarship has been established to foster the educational, professional, and personal growth of one or more undergraduate students attending the University of Northern Iowa by providing scholarship funds to assist with the cost of study outside the U.S. for a student whose previous travel and study experiences abroad have been limited.
- Iowa residency (Iowa birth or three years of Iowa residency)
- Full-time enrollment at UNI in a degree-granting program with a minimum of 2.75 GPA
- At least sophomore status and must have at least one semester of study at UNI remaining after program abroad
- Minimal previous independent travel abroad
- The application form
- Essay detailing the anticipated educational, professional, and personal growth benefits of participation in the program. Limit the essay to 300 words, double spaced.
- Resume including service and leadership activities, previous travel experience, association with persons from other countries, and foreign language study. Limit the resume to 2 pages.
- Detailed information on your proposed program abroad, estimated costs, and academic credits to be earned (two-page limit)
- Sources and amounts of funding currently for studies at UNI and anticipated for period abroad (from UNI Office of Student Financial Aid)
- Copy of grade audit (unofficial transcript)
- Two letters of recommendation, one from a UNI faculty member and one from outside the university
Deadline: October 31, 2018