United Airlines Flight Operations Pilot Scholarship (Deadline: November 12, 2018)
Who Can Apply: United Airlines is proud to partner with Women in Aviation International supporting female aviators. As an industry leader passionate about diversity and inclusion, United Airlines’ mission is to create an inclusive work environment characterized by dignity and respect that empowers every employee to serve the global marketplace and contribute to company success.
United Airlines would like to make a difference in the life of three aspiring female airline pilots who are pursuing their dream in the world of aviation. Three $5,000 scholarships will be awarded to women that currently meet the following criteria.
- Applicant must be a current full time junior, senior or graduate student enrolled in an accredited collegiate aviation or aeronautical science program at application deadline and hold an FAA instrument rating.
- Preferred applicants will have a commercial certificate and multi-engine rating.
- Applicants are required to have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scaled).
- These scholarships are intended for women seeking advancement in professional aviation development towards a career as a professional airline pilot.
- The recipients will be chosen on a basis of merit, career aspirations and dedication, as well as contributions to their community and service with WAI.
- Two letters of recommendation are required including one from a faculty member or flight instructor and one from a pilot who has flown with candidate.
- Please also submit academic transcripts, copies of pilot and medical certificates and an essay describing career aspirations and goals, achievement/honors, aviation development to date, involvement with WAI, volunteerism, leadership and planned use of scholarship funds.
- Be prepared to share logbooks if selected for interview.
Deadline: November 12, 2018