Universal Weather & Aviation FAA-certified Dispatcher Training Scholarship Hybrid Course (Deadline: November 12, 2018)
Who Can Apply: The Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc. hybrid aircraft dispatcher course is comprised of two elements: a four-month (17 week) self-paced online portion and an eight-day classroom session.
- This course allows you to complete the majority of the coursework online over a four-month period.
- Once you complete the online requirements and pass the FAA knowledge test, the applicant will spend 8 days at Universal’s training facility in Houston, TX, to complete the practical portion of training.
- The FAA practical test will be scheduled following the successful completion of the eight-day classroom session.
- The applicant must plan on being in Houston a few extra days to complete the practical test.
- There are no experience-based prerequisites for taking this course.
- Applicants must be able to read, write, speak and understand English, have a high school diploma or GED, and have a government-issued identification showing they are at least 23 years old.
- Must be a U.S. citizen to apply.
- two (one-page) recommendation letters
- typed, descriptive 500-word essay
- professional résumé
- copies of all aviation and medical certificates and the last three pages of your pilot logbook (if applying for flight scholarships). Other applicable information as requested for each specific award/grant/scholarship.
Deadline: November 12, 2018