University of Minnesota Financial Need/First Generation Scholarship (Deadline: September 23, 2015)
Who Can Apply:
- Applicants MUST be participating in one of these eligible programs. Programs not on this list will not be considered for this scholarship.
- For the purpose of this scholarship, “financial need” is defined as being eligible for subsidized loans, and “first generation” is defined as having parent(s)/guardian(s) who did not complete a four-year degree. If you have one or more parents/guardians who have graduated with a four-year degree, you are not considered a First Generation student by this scholarship’s definition.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need, and will be given preference if they are also a first generation college student. To determine if you are receiving subsidized loans, log on to your eFAAN or contact the Office of Student Finance at OneStop.
- If selected for an award, documentation of your financial aid eligibility will be requested.
- Applicants must be enrolled as degree-seeking undergraduate students on the Twin Cities or Rochester campuses.
Submission: This application is comprised of 3 separate essay questions:
- General study abroad essay (required)
- Financial need essay (required)
- First Generation essay (optional)
Deadline: September 23, 2015