University of Tennessee Kirkland Family Spanish Award (Deadline: November 15, 2015)
Who Can Apply: Small scholarships, especially in support of study abroad, are sometimes available through the Spanish enrichment funds.
- Declared Spanish major
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing
- Overall GPA of at least 3.00
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 in upper level Spanish Classes
- Must have completed Spanish 323 and Spanish 330 at the time of study abroad program.
- Will be studying in a CIE approved study abroad program for at least one semester
- Will be enrolled full-time in a study abroad program (minimum of 12 hours of Spanish classes per semester)
- Have not previously received a Kirkland Family Spanish Award
- Cover letter stating where, for how long, and with what program you are studying
- Unofficial transcript
- Completed faculty evaluation Form
- Original 500-word essay in Spanish. In this essay you should explain your motivation for study abroad (personal and academic), your choice of program and your experiences in and out of the classroom that have prepared you for study abroad. The essay should be well written, both in terms of style and grammar.
Deadline: November 15, 2015