UNM 2016-2017 Regents’ and Presidential Scholarship (Deadline: December 1, 2015)
Who Can Apply: Available to new freshmen, the Regents’ and Presidential Scholarships are two of the university’s most prestigious awards. By completing the scholarship application, applicants will be considered for both scholarships. The Regents’ and Presidential Scholarships are awarded using a variety of criteria such as academic performance, leadership potential and more. These scholarship programs are very competitive. The criteria listed on the scholarships web page represent the minimum requirements to be considered. Meeting these requirements does not guarantee an award.
- Apply for admission to the University of New Mexico at http://admissions.unm.edu.
- Submit a completed Regents & Presidential Scholarship Application. All students may submit the application online by clicking on the link provided below. You must include your UNM ID number (for newly admitted students) or your date of birth. If you are unable to submit your application online, please contact UNM Scholarships Office at 505-277-8900 so that we can work with you on submitting the application.
- When you submit your application online, you will be able to enter or copy & paste your short essay responses into the form. Please Note- Only Regents’ Scholarship applicants should complete item #5. All Regents & Presidential Scholarship applicants should complete the following sections: School & Community Activities – tell us about your participation and leadership in up to 10 clubs, organizations, intramurals or other activities beginning in 9th grade. Awards, Talents and Skills – tell us about up to 10 awards you have received, talents you actively pursue, and/or your special skills. Be sure to indicate whether these awards, talents or skills were on a local (school, county or district), state, or national level. These may be school-related or outside-school activities. Short Responses – Write concise responses in your own words to the four (4) topics below. Your responses to each question will be evaluated on content, depth, creativity/originality, and writing skills. You may not use any social media abbreviations.
- Explain your plans for your college education and give one specific example that describes what led you to your educational goals. (350 words or less).
- Describe ways in which you have shown leadership abilities in the past and how you hope to be a good leader in the future. (350 words or less).
- Explain something you are passionate about and how you will incorporate this into a legacy you leave for others. (350 words or less) .
- Describe an instance in which you have changed your mind about something in the last three years and explain why you consider this important to your personal growth. (350 words or less)
Deadline: December 1, 2015