Who Can Apply:
- Must have a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA on the 4.0 scale.
- Must file a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) each year.
- Must have demonstrated unmet financial need, verified by the student’s college or university’s financial aid office.
- Must be enrolled full-time at a UNCF member institution or other 4 -year accredited HBCU.
- Must be Black/African American.
- Must be a graduating senior.
Preference will be given to candidates who are from Columbus, GA.
- One letter of recommendation (LOR) is required to complete this application. The recommender must not be a family member / relative. The LOR must be made through the UNCF online Application System and must be received by the application due date. Emailed LORs will not be accepted.
- Applicants should give the recommender ample time to complete the LOR by entering all recommender information (name and email) as early as possible. The recommender will be sent automated instructions at the email address provided to submit the LOR in the Applicant System. Applicants will receive “Invite References” reminders until a recommender is invited.
- If a recommender does not receive the automated instructions via email, applicants should download the How to Write a Reference Without an Invitation Code document, found on the right side of this page, and email it to their recommender.
Deadline: November 30, 2021