Valle del Sol’s Rosa Carrillo Torres Memorial Scholarship (Deadline: March 16, 2018)
Who Can Apply: This scholarship program was designed to provide support for students of Hispanic heritage who are the first generation in their family planning to pursue a secondary education. The Valle del Sol’s Rosa Carrillo Torres Memorial Scholarship was established by Valle del Sol, a nonprofit, community based organization. Rosa was an ardent advocate of vulnerable populations, dedicating countless hours offering them hope and opportunities. Her legacy lives on and will continue to make a difference in the lives of those in need by way of educational scholarships. Her strong commitment to the Latino community and spirit of volunteerism will never be forgotten.
- Seniors in good standing who will graduate from the Phoenix Union High School District.
- Hispanic heritage.
- Preference is given to low income and first generation to attend college (first generation is defined as: parents did not graduate from a four-year college or university).
- Minimum high school 2.5 GPA in both Junior and Senior year of high school.
- Accepted by and plan to enroll as a full-time student at an accredited, post-secondary institution or vocational program in Arizona.
- Preference given to, but not limited to, students pursuing a major in a health care field or communications.
- Academically motivated as determined by a school transcript and letters of recommendation.
Deadline: March 16, 2018