Vernon “Butch” Gudat Scholarship Fund (Deadline: December 5, 2018)
Who Can Apply: Established to create a living legacy in memory of Peoria Fire Captain Vernon “Butch” Gudat. College scholarships are provided to qualifying children and grandchildren of career and volunteer firefighters in Peoria, Tazewell, and Woodford counties.
- Applicant must be a child or grandchild of a Central Illinois firefighter. Relatives of both career and volunteer firefighters in Peoria, Tazewell and Woodford counties are eligible. Relatives of both current and retired firefighters are eligible.
- Applicant must plan to attend an accredited two- or four-year college or university in the United States in the coming academic year.
- Applicant must plan to enroll as a full-time student (as defined by the college or university) in the coming academic year.
Submission: Completed application which includes an online essay section requiring your thoughts on the following topics:
- The Butch Gudat Fund was established to honor the courage of a Peoria firefighter who gave his life in the line of duty. Please share an example of courage that inspires you.
- The Butch Gudat Fund is intended as a living legacy to honor a man who would rather be remembered as a father and a friend than a hero. Explain the importance of family and friends in your life.
- Butch Gudat and all the other Central Illinois firefighters demonstrate their dedication to community safety and security every day. Explain a way you demonstrate your dedication to the community.
Deadline: December 5, 2018
Learn More: http://communityfoundationci.org/scholarships/