Who Can Apply: To be considered, the scholarship applicant must have a connection to the United States Military through falling into at least one of the following categories:
- A current active-duty service member
- Veteran of the United States Armed Forces
- Spouse of a service member or veteran
- Surviving spouse or child of a fallen service member
- Child of a service member or veteran
Applicants must also currently be pursuing a post-secondary degree (associates, bachelors, masters or doctorate) at an accredited college or university, OR plan to attend a college or university the following academic year.
In addition, applicants must maintain a cumulative 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Fill out the Online Application form, made available on the given Key Dates.
- Submit a single Essay in response to one of several prompts that will be made available during the key dates. Essays must meet all of the following criteria (essays failing to meet ALL criteria will NOT be considered):
- Essay MUST be no less than 500 words
- Essay must be submitted by copying/pasting in the designated space
- Essay must relate to one of several prompts made available
- Upload photo, official proof of service for self or family member, and official proof of enrollment in designated areas.
Deadline: October 31, 2015
Learn More: Veterans United Foundation Scholarship