Who Can Apply: In 1983, first generation brothers, Vince and Joe Vitale, along with their wives, Mimma and Maria, proudly opened a gourmet market with the vision and promise of delivering a premier specialty food store to Macomb County. Today, a second generation of family members shares this tradition of quality, service and value for its customers in both Clinton and Shelby Township. To honor their commitment to the community, the Vitale family has pledged to support the students at the Macomb Culinary Institute at Macomb Community College through the establishment of this Culinary Scholarship.
• half-time enrollment (6 credit hours or more) each semester of award
• minimum GPA 3.0 each semester of award
• two $1,000 scholarships for two students
• award is for tuition, fees and books
• students should submit an essay on their goals and community commitments and activities
• MCC will vette these application and share with Market owner and Agency rep for final selection by a representative of Vince & Joes Gourmet Market
Submission: Please submit an essay on your goals and community commitments and activities.
Deadline: May 31, 2016