Who Can Apply: This application is for current students who are planning to study abroad in winter 2018 or spring 2019. The committee considers not only financial need (both FAFSA-demonstrated and need that might be missed by the FAFSA), but also the quality of your motivation and the educational fit of the study abroad program.
International students and graduate students can also apply to this scholarship. You can apply even if you’re not yet sure about your study abroad plans.
GPA 2.5 or above
Enrollment in credit bearing programs
Enrollment in a program where tuition is paid to VT (Third Party and Autonomous Study programs are not eligible)
PSI Sholarship recipients are not eligible (as the awards would be subtracted from your PSI scholarship)
- Fall semester: 12 VT credits minimum
- Winter session: 3 VT credits minimum (plus 3 VT credits minimum in fall)
- Spring semester: 12 VT credits minimum
- Short term spring: 3 VT credits minimum (plus 3 VT credits minimum in spring)
- Summer terms: 6 VT credits minimum (can be spread out over the whole summer, i.e. 3 credits abroad and 3 credits at Tech
Deadline: September 6, 2018
Learn More: https://vt.academicworks.com/opportunities/5677