Who Can Apply:
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Be a high school graduate or have a GED.
- Enroll in a minimum of six (6) credits, unless the scholarship you are applying for requires you to enroll in more. Full-time enrollment is defined as being enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits per semester.
- Know your current cumulative high school or Virginia Western grade point average, and the number of Virginia Western credits you have earned, if applicable.
- Copy of your most recent academic transcript
- Have a copy of your signed tax return, or your parents’ signed tax return if you are a dependent.
- Prepare a 250-word essay that addresses one of the following topics. Consult the Scholarship Essay Writing Tips (PDF) for assistance in completing your essay. If you have received a Foundation scholarship in previous years, you must address a different topic on your Fall 2015 application.
- What is a societal problem you believe needs to be addressed? Explain why and how.
- Discuss a special attribute or accomplishment that makes you unique.
- Who in your life has been your biggest influence and why? Do not include an immediate family member.
- Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
- Choose a book or books that have affected you deeply and explain why.
Deadline: May 20, 2016