Who Can Apply: “The WAI Atlanta Gone with the Wind Chapter is offering a scholarship to aid an individual with the pursuit of their aviation dream. Applicants will be evaluated based on merit, career, aspirations, dedication, contributions to the community, and following application directions.
- Within the required 500-word descriptive essay, include the details of your aviation dream (flight, maintenance, management, etc.), how this scholarship will aid with your goal, where you hope to use this award, and an approximate timeline of completion for your goal.
- Preference will be given to members of the Gone with the Wind Atlanta Chapter, but all applicants will be considered based on the criteria above.
- Award will be paid directly to the organization.
- Applicants must use funds within one year of acceptance.
- two (one-page) recommendation letters
- typed, descriptive 500-word essay
- professional résumé
- copies of all aviation and medical certificates and the last three pages of your pilot logbook (if applying for flight scholarships). Other applicable information as requested for each specific award/grant/scholarship.
Deadline: November 12, 2018