Who Can Apply: 2020 applicants for The Walter J. Travis Memorial Scholarship must present evidence of being enrolled/matriculated as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited two- or four-year college/university, for the Fall of 2020.
The following criteria will be used in the evaluation of all scholarship applications:
- Overall quality of application materials, including thoroughness and clarity of information provided, current references/recommendations, and an essay that reflects a good understanding and appreciation of the instructions.
- Academic record
- Involvement in golf-related interests and activities.
- Career goals (Not applicable for students who are applying in the category of “amateur golfer”) that are consistent with the goals of this scholarship program.
- Extracurricular activities, including volunteer work with student/community organizations; participation in sports and community affairs; jobs held; special interests, and hobbies. We are impressed with those students who have demonstrated a desire to “give back to their community” through volunteer activities.
- For those in the amateur golfer category, successful participation in competition.
Deadline: June 15, 2020
Learn More: https://travissociety.com/college-scholarship/